Why and How to Select the Right
Real Estate Agent
Purchasing a home is not something to be taken lightly, and should be dealt with by employing the highest caliber professionals available. All real estate agents are not created equal! Their level of expertise varies greatly and there is a good reason why some agents make $20,000 a year and others make millions. There is much more to being a good agent than just showing houses.
Just think for a moment, what type of agent do you want representing you when you are planning on an expenditure that is probably in excess of hundreds of thousands of dollars. An agent needs the skills to negotiate on your behalf. This requires knowledge and organization to get you the best deal possible, while avoiding the many problems that can arise. There are a number of ways to accomplish this, so that your buying experience will be a positive one.
If you are still not convinced here are a few more reasons why having a best-in-class agent is important:
- 1st Reason: A good agent will be knowledgeable about the area in which you are looking to purchase your home. This is extremely important, since they will be negotiating the price on your behalf. This should enable you to purchase your home at a fair or even below market value.
- 2nd Reason: You won't waste a lot of time being shown homes that are not for you. The busy agent knows what to show you. Their time is valuable, and they realize so is yours. The smart agent listens to you, and will make recommendations based on homes that they feel you will qualify for and want to buy.
- 3rd Reason: Most real estate transactions are time sensitive. The movers have to be hired. In many cases contractors need to be scheduled. That is why employing an agent who knows the ropes is so important. The paperwork to get you to the closing on time is over an inch thick. This requires organizational skills as well as a knowledge of everything that must be coordinated. Your agent will guide you through this process, advising you at each an every step of the way. An experienced agent will orchestrate all of this in a smooth manner, so that it looks easy.
- 4th Reason: Every now and then a problem may arise. This is when a knowledgeable agent becomes invaluable. If such an occurrence does happen, you will be glad you retained an experienced agent, because they will have all the documentation necessary to back you up. All the way to court if need be. They possess the legal paperwork required and expert testimony needed, to provide you with the essential ammunition. This way you are assured to be prepared, so that the outcome will be in your favor.
How do you find a best-in-class agent?
Very simple. Just go to:
- Click on 'View Additional Search Options'
- At a minimum fill in the City, State and under the 'Awards & Clubs' option select '100% Club'.
- Then click on 'Start Search' and you will be given a list of agents that are very experienced and popular.
Depending on how demanding you are you can change the option 'Awards & Clubs' to any of the following:
- Executive Club -- agents that have earned $50K -- $99K in commissions
- 100% Club -- agents that have earned $100K -- $249K in commissions
- Platinum Club -- agents that have earned $250K -- $499K in commissions
No need to worry about the following designations:
President's Club; Diamond Club; Circle of Legends; Hall of Fame; Lifetime Achievement
After you review their individual qualifications, call a couple of them and make an educated decision as to which one will best suit you!
Best of luck!
Your Financial Ally